Click photo to enlarge
View my resume
Visit my Web site
Follow me on Twitter
Visit my ChefDb Profile
Location: Falls Church
| BIO POINTS FOR CHEF SCOTT SUNSHINE |
• I started out as a child. I was very young at the time, so young in fact New York City only had four boroughs.
• I started cooking at age 8. I was a Cub Scout. I would say that I learned at my mother’s knee but I was tall so I was at her hip.
• My father’s favorite dish was salami and eggs with beans followed by chocolate covered halvah. This was reserved for football Sundays.
• I was always involved in family holiday food prep. Knuckle blood was de rigor for potato pancakes.
• I started experimenting with different items when I was 13 and received a copy of the Fanny Farmer Cookbook. I started with gymnastics at the same time and often fell on my head; there may be a relationship here.
• When I got to college I went to work for the foodservice. “Cooky” the Chef had been in the Navy and made the best Cream of Mushroom Soup, ever! Of course many other dishes were inedible. I did learn how to produce quantities of food and began to